Wednesday, February 10, 2010

kittymobility.

Mectin is a very mobile cat. Although she does not have thumbs, she overcomes adversity in many different ways. She is also a quick thinker. Unfortunately... she is not overwhelmingly bright.
Mectin can get into my room by pushing her face against my door. Before my lovely door does not latch, she doesn't have a problem getting in. (Unless the heat turns on then for some reason there's a current and she cant push the door open..) But she does have a problem getting out of the room. Recently, I do believe that she has learned from watching me that I push the doorknob down and open the door, so she's started standing on my bed and trying to open the door. Like, I said earlier, she is not the brightest kitty and she does not have great balance or coordination, so when she tried to stand and push the handle down, she fell off the bed. So there's me, at 3 am, laughing at my cat who just fell straight off the bed onto her face.
But I have to give her credit, she did show mental growth by trying to open the door. If only she could actually succeed.. then I wouldn't have to get up every 4 seconds to let her out. In time Mectin, in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment