Monday, February 1, 2010

Hi Shannon

Hi Shannon. Well, it's 10:09 pm, monday night. I forgot Mectin was laying on my legs. Then I heard a disgruntled kitty yell, that sounded like, "maaahhoww". This has pretty much been the extent of my evening. Shannon told me to start a blog, so I did. It's about Mectin and it's about me, but not so much about just Mectin or just me, like our seperate lives. It's about Mectin and my life together.
So, this blog won't be terribly exciting, relevant or even amusing... but that's okay.
okay.. so this is the problem, it's now 10:14, I can't do the math but that's __ minutes since I started this blog, and I've already ran out of things to talk about. Seriously, I was halfway through the first sentence of this paragraph, and I got to the "..." and totally didn't have anything else to say.
One might stop there, call it a night, but me... no. I'll think of something..
Well, Mectin just isn't doing much tonight, so that's probably why this blog is shitttay. She's just sitting there on my legs, all comfortable and sleeping. Okay, so I've been thinking about this for a while. Does anyone other than me ever get jealous of their pet? Because I am sooo jealous of Mectin sometimes. Between the hours of 11 pm last night and 3 pm today, I know for a fact Mectin only woke up and got off my bed 3 times. Then I went to work at 3:30 and I left her sleeping in my bed looking sooo comfortable when I was soo grumpy and did not want to go to work. When I got back around 8, she was still asleep when I came into my room, I turned the light on and she got up, screamed at me, and yawned. I don't know, first I called her a lazy bitch, but then I just looked at her and said, damn lucky cat. all she does is look soo cute all the time and be so comfortable and sleeeepy. And I have to get up and go to my work when I don't want to go and be cold all day, etc. but then I think about how it could be really boring not doing anything and would i actually like it, and so on. and I started in on this whole inner dialogue about what it would be like if I were Mectin....
so all in all, cat jealousy is not an easy thing.

2 comments:

  1. cat jealousy. it's a real thing. but not easy. never easy. that's for being honest with this blog. it's moved me. i'm moved. truly moved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm crying right now I'm so moved. thank you for this incredible gift you've given the world joce- it's made the interweb a better place because of it.

    ReplyDelete